- Non Violence, Democratic, Equity, Inclusive, Value Based, Results Oriented, Cooperative, Collaborative and Sustainable Development Initiatives
- Self – driven, self – governed and self – sustained people’s initiatives through their organizations
- Promotion of volunteerism and action oriented works to address the problems and finding people’s solutions through participants led and sustainable development approaches.
- Working with like-minded individuals, organizations, networks & government departments for the interest of the deprived and excluded communities & disadvantaged groups.
- Maximum utilization of available services, programs and resources of Government, NGOs, PRIs and Local Communities and working with them for high impacts and avoiding duplication
- Finding out the root cause of poverty, hunger, starvation deaths, distress, sufferings, discrimination and violation of human rights etc. and attempting to build up multi – stakeholders’ partnership in development
- Right based and people centered approaches with focus on mobilizing, educating, organizing, capacity building and empowerment of the poor for poverty reduction, equity, justice and sustainable development
Core Principles and Practices
Few mantras (core principles and practices) of CHALE CHALO are institutionalization of the system of self-regulation, democratic functioning, non-violence, equality, equal opportunity, and respect for human values, dignity & human rights, respect for nature, caring and sharing, transparency, accountability, collaboration, cooperation, responsiveness, effectiveness in functioning, highly results oriented and adoption of best practices.